Rafting Ray to tackle Murray River this November
Support ‘Rafting Ray’ on his 240km journey down the Murray River in his home-built raft! Ray will make his way from Morgan to Wellington in an epic 7 day journey! Help Ray reach his $100,000 target by donating online or calling 08 8161 6025 to make a donation over the phone!
When: 30/10/2017 to 5/11/2017
Where: Morgan to Wellington
Here at Little Heroes Foundation we rely on the generosity of our supporters to be able to help those in need. Funds raised through events like Ray’s River Run are crucial in enabling us to continue our work in the community. We couldn’t do it without the help of dedicated fundraisers like you – every bit of effort counts and any amount you raise is so appreciated.
Who you will be supporting…
The money raised through Ray’s fundraising journey will support our ongoing Little Heroes Care program! This program supports seriously ill children and their families during tough times.
Little Heroes Care support includes:
• Practical assistance, therapies and equipment for children and families being cared for by the Paediatric Palliative Care Service at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital
• Access to car parking close to the hospital
• Professional home cleaning support during intensive treatment
• In-home nursing support for children with Epidermolysis Bullosa (also known as “butterfly children”) in South Australia. This specialised nursing care reduces the need for hospital stays and gives parents respite from the traumatic task of changing their child’s dressings daily
• Fuel cards to help with the costs of travelling for treatment
• Grocery vouchers to help with the costs of living between home and the hospital
• Financial assistance to help cover household bills and unexpected costs
• Provision of ‘Hospital PJs’ specially designed for easy access to ports and lines
• Alex’s Playground – providing backyard play equipment for seriously ill children with critically low immune systems
• Growing Up Smiling Dental Program through North Adelaide Dental Care for patients and siblings
• Education and tuition support- including school choice consultancy and advice and parenting seminars through a partnership with Feegrade Educational Consultancy